Followers

The Wonder That is Garnier Micellar Water

Image from Garnier Philippines' Facebook Page


I have searched high and low to grab hold of a bottle of this Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. As I rode the micellar water craze, I was faced with a lot of choices on what to try on first. At first, it was a battle between Maybelline and Loreal and I was checking reviews of the two. Then, there is this one from the brand Simple and another one from Biore. As I chanced upon an article from Project Vanity (which you can read here), I knew I got my answer. From among the five different brands of micellar water, Garnier's passed and won Project Vanity's Micellar Water Throwdown.

I have been a Garnier user for seven years now. For so many years, only Garnier touched my skin, I have used their facial foam, facial scrub, toner, moisturizer, night cream, etc. I even used their hair color to dye my mom's hair. I am loyal to the brand because I was able to see significant changes on my face since I first used it. Friends also noticed that my skin brightened since I first used their moisturizer, the first Garnier product I used. I even located my before and after facial skin shade from the scale they have in the package of their moisturizer.

So when I learned from beauty bloggers that Garnier is launching their Micellar Water in the Philippines, I was more than glad. How I wished that I was among the chosen few who were able to try their product for the first time.

I have gone to leading malls to check this product out and get one. Unfortunately, I was not able to see one. I told myself that I will not use any other micellar water but Garnier's. How many days have passed but I haven't got one yet. I even sent a message to Garnier Philippines' Facebook and Instagram account asking them where I could get one. Garnier is approachable enough to engage in a little chat with me.

I finally found one in SM San Lazaro Supermarket, the place that I least expected to find this. Watsons and the Department Store of SM San Lazaro was not carrying it that time so imagine my surprised when I found it in the supermarket.

So to cut through the chase, I bought the 125ml bottle for P149. They only have one size that time and only have the Pure Active variant, the one in the blue bottle. That was before Christmas. When I checked again this week, I found out that the pink bottle is already available at SM San Lazaro Supermarket.

So, let's get to know first what Garnier Micellar Cleasing Water offers:


Claims

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Pure Active
Removes make up, cleanses, mattifies
No rinse off

Face, eyes, lips,
No perfume
Suitable for oily, acne-prone skin
dermatologically and opthalmologically tested

News 1st all-in-one micellar cleansing water that purifies and removes make up in one gesture for combination and oily skin. Enriched with micelles, it captures and lifts away residue from face, eyes and lips like a magnet. No need to rub to get rid of oul/sebum, impurities and make up

The refreshing formula, without perfume, reduces excess oil without drying out.

Result: Skin is perfectly clean, fresher, and comfortable

The Encounter

I poured the micellar water to a cotton pad which I applied in my eye area first, much like how you would use a cucumber in your eye area. I let it sit for a minute without rubbing the cotton pad. That time, I am wearing a Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara, Fashion 21 Mascara, and Loreal Auto Liner on my brows. As I lifted the cotton pad, I could see the outline of my wingliner, mascara--how it was applied on my lashes--and a trace of eyebrow product that I used. Turning the cotton pad over, I swiped my eye area with a gentle motion and in one or two movements, the products were lifted off my skin!

What's more amazing is how it was able to lift the henna wax stain on my ear and neck. I was then applying henna wax treatment on my hair as some of the product run on my ears and neck. It was a colored henna wax so the stain is really visible and awkward. It had already dried and a soap and water solution was not able to erase the stain. I tried to use the Garnier Micellar Water and the rest is history.

The Verdict

The Garnier Micellar Water really delivered on its promise to remove make up easily. I only use it to remove make up on my eye area since this is where my make up is usually heavy and concentrated. If I have no time to do my complete skin care routine, or if I am so tired and could not even wash my face, I just apply the micellar water on my face and just swipe it off. It did not dry my face and I could feel that it is moisturized. The product is also effective in removing even my long lasting lip colors without smudging it.

So, this is my experience with Garnier Micellar Water. Please do remember that my experience might be different from yours as we have different skin types and chemical formation. It is still best to consult a dermatologist on what products will soothe you.

Stay tuned for more of my adventures in exploring make up world!

Until then. Ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
a hopeful soul with a penchant for something new constantly learning and discovering new things; not an expert on anything; just trying to find the most peso-worthy item out there which best fit the needs of a budget-conscious, kikay mommy like me; what's written here are just my own views and opinion and is not meant to promote or discredit anything or anyone. these words express how i see, how i felt, and how i experienced things. happy reading!
Powered by Blogger.