Followers

My Favorite Local YouTube Beauty Gurus

YouTube has become instrumental when I rediscovered and renewed my love for beauty. I was a Michelle Phan follower before--way back when I still don't know what a primer is, that there is a make up brand called Urban Decay, and that there is a use for a white eyeliner.

Back then, I didn't know that there are also Filipina make up vloggers. I just discovered them recently when I checked out what local make up brands offer nowadays and which among their product are good buys.

So, I have here a list of my favorite YouTube beauty vloggers.

1. Anna Cay



This was the first video that I saw from Anna Cay. As I said, I was checking out which local make up products to buy and saw this video from YouTube suggestion. 

I love that she is very down to earth though she can spend fortunes for her make up (She bought 22 shades of MAC lipsticks in a matter of 3 weeks!) I love watching her make up haul and seeing her unbox and try on make up products which I can never ever afford to buy. Take note that most of these foreign branded make up are her own purchases though there are also some which were sent to her. 

She also does her make up tutorials which are easy to follow though most of the time, she uses high end products. She will eventually tell you why she opted to use that product and will explain its worth. If you are on a budget like me and she is a sales assistant for a high end cosmetic brand, she can definitely sell me something because she knows her make up.

I also like watching her day to day routines. She's not like most of us who works on a daily basis but she always has something interesting to show in her vlogs. She shares her daily life with her viewers and from there, one can see that she is a simple girl. 

Overall, from Anna's make up tutorial, product reviews and first impression, hauls, late night food cravings, events and errands, she's a joy to watch.

2. Anne Clutz



I almost bought all items she mentioned in this haul video, save for some which did not quite got a good review from Anne Clutz. I love her because she is a mom of two kids--a school grade girl and a baby boy--yet she finds time to make herself up. I also consider her take on various cosmetics and skin care products especially on the pricey ones because I know that as a mother, she also considers quality in all her purchases. 

3. Michelle Dy


If you want to learn and be entertained at the same time, Michelle Dy is your go-to Filipina YouTube Vlogger. She can come up with a story which she will base her make up tutorial on. My niece especially enjoyed her Make Up Serye and when she came up with looks based on Encantadia characters. She is also the first Filipina YouTuber whom I subscribed to and the video above is her first video that I saw.

4. Raiza Contawi



Here's another Filipina YouTube Beauty Guru whose videos are very much informative and educational. If you prefer a more leveled up make up tutorials and reviews, you should check out Raiza's channel. She offers a different flavor of reviewing make up products and giving first impressions. She's also a chameleon as she can transform her own face into different celebrities or personalities. In my opinon, among the other Filipina YouTube beauty gurus in this list, she is the most skilled and most experienced when it comes to make up. 

5. Purpleheiress




She'll make you feel like she's just in front of you while she does her product reviews, first impressions, and make up tutorial. Though I have yet to watch all her videos, she was able to come up with a variety of topics to blog about. Mothers like me can also relate with her because she does not only focuses on beauty blogs but she also features other aspects of her motherhood and family life.

6. PinayBeautyAndStyle


What I like about her is that she can come up with her own line up of topics to vlog about and not really follow what's trending. I like her detailed reviews of local make up brands product and that she can be very honest with her reviews. She also has her own way of reviewing products and she can offer information or insights about a specific product that you never thought you will need until you hear it from her.

So, there you go. You can check their respective channels as well and get to know them personally. If you're looking for a specific style of vlogging, I'm pretty sure that you will never find a hard time picking one among them.

I'll probably come up with my favorite foreign YouTube beauty gurus and another one for my favorite local beauty blogs.

Until then, stay tuned for my next beauty adventures.

Ciao, bellas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
a hopeful soul with a penchant for something new constantly learning and discovering new things; not an expert on anything; just trying to find the most peso-worthy item out there which best fit the needs of a budget-conscious, kikay mommy like me; what's written here are just my own views and opinion and is not meant to promote or discredit anything or anyone. these words express how i see, how i felt, and how i experienced things. happy reading!
Powered by Blogger.