Followers

My Take on Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Since I took an interest in using make up, I have only used EB Advance BB Cream as base. Though it really did its job of providing coverage that is light and easy to be used daily, I wanted to have a staple and dependable foundation that I can use for special occasions or during those times that I need a “heavy duty” one.

After watching local YouTube beauty gurus spill their thoughts on Revlon Colorstay Make Up Foundation, I decided to give it a try. Though it did not receive exemplary reviews, I found out that most local beauty vloggers often used this foundation in their usual make up tutorials. The Revlon Colorstay Foundation is also a staple in the list of their favorite foundations or even holy grails.
One day, I received an invitation to the wedding of the sister of my sister-in-law. I thought that this is a good time to test what I have learned so far about make up and see if I can create a decent look for myself. I did my one make up during my graduation but it was just a recreation of a look I saw from YouTube.

This is also a right time for me to buy and try to use a liquid foundation. I was torn between Revlon Colorstay, L’oreal Infallible Matter, and Maybelline’s Velvet Skin Foundation.

When I stepped inside the SM Store, I first passed by the counter of Maybelline and look for the Velvet Skin Foundation. I am still torn about this one since I have seen mixed reviews about it. I also went to L’oreal’s counter but the sales assistant said that they only carry the Infallible Stay Fresh and not the Matte one. And then, I saw the Revlon counter and found out that they are on sale.

So I immediately looked for Revlon Colorstay Foundation. There are 2 sales assistants in the counter—one is assisting a customer and the other one is talking with someone whom I think is her supervisor or anybody who ranked higher than her. I found the Colorstay Foundation but, unfortunately, the only shade that I saw were too light for me. At this point, the supervisor left and the Sales Assistant who’s been chatting with her is already available. But, sadly, she just stood on the same spot and watched me. She thought, perhaps, that I won’t buy anyway, so why bother?

I asked her if there is a shade which will match my color tone. She reached deeper into the counter and revealed that there are other shades inside the box at the back of the testers for Revlon Colorstay Foundation which has lighter colors. She gave me the shade Golden Caramel. She swatched it at the back of my hand. I could not believe my eyes that the shade she gave me is darker against my skin. I don’t know if she is a mind reader or what, but she certainly read my mind when she said that lighter shade won’t be able to cover my blemishes.

I swatched it on my jawline since I know that swatching at the back of my hand will not really show whether the shade will work for me or not. But given the kind of lighting inside the mall, I did not come into a concrete conclusion.

So, thinking that the sales assistant knows her job way better than I do, I took her advice and bought 
the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. By the way, since Revlon is on sale the day I visited SM, I only paid P618 for the foundation which normally costs P825.

The Encounter

So, I went home excited to try my new liquid foundation. I put it on my face and I could say that the foundation is quite darker for my skin tone.

The following day, I put in on again and I looked like I just went on a beach vacation! I realized that the shade is golden caramel so there would be a “sunkissed” touch on this shade.

Well, I haven’t given up yet so I decided to use it one more time using a smaller amount this time. If previously, I’ve been using all that amount given off by one pump, this time, I just dabbed small amounts of it on my skin and blended it. Well, the shade kind of “disappeared” on my face but it did not show that “sunkissed” touch.

Longevity and Oil Control Powers

I would say that this foundation stayed on my face for a full 8 hours with no retouch. Aside from my usually oily nose, my T-zone did not really oiled up when I was using this.

Overall, it did provide a good base for my make up though I am not satisfied with the shade yet. If I will be buying this foundation again, I may opt for natural tan.

Image from www.revlon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
a hopeful soul with a penchant for something new constantly learning and discovering new things; not an expert on anything; just trying to find the most peso-worthy item out there which best fit the needs of a budget-conscious, kikay mommy like me; what's written here are just my own views and opinion and is not meant to promote or discredit anything or anyone. these words express how i see, how i felt, and how i experienced things. happy reading!
Powered by Blogger.