Followers

Maybelline Buys: Hyper Curl Mascara and Hyper Sharp Wing Liner

Maybelline went on sale for, like, forever. :-) I really like that about Maybelline. They provide good cosmetics for an affordable price which will go on super affordable as they go on sale. As I build up my make up collection, which primarily consist of local brands, there is a guaranteed spot for those from Maybelline.

I've been using Maybelline since college days though I was only able to use the pressed powder and the lip glosses. Back then, I was not really into make up. I just want to have something to use when I have to. 

When I started working, I still have not seen the need to really explore the make up world so I'm still into pressed powder and lip glosses. I occasionally use lipsticks, blush, and eyeliners from my mom.

So now that I have discovered the joy that make up brings, here are some of the products that I recently got and loved from Maybelline


Maybelline offers different types of mascara depending on your preferences. I have another mascara from a local brand that lengthens my eyelashes. On the other hand, this Hyper Curl Volume Express Mascara from Maybelline gives my thin eyelashes a thicker look. It is waterproof so it won't give you that panda eyes but can be easily taken off when using make up wipes and by using cleanser and water. It dries off easily so and one swipe will do. Once it dries up and you want to give your lashes another swipe, it will not glide that easily and will form small round clusters at the end of your lashes. Also, I think the product will just scatter around your eye area if you will put a lot of this product on your lashes.

The original price, I guess, was around P199 but since I bought this on sale, I got this for only P149.


For lining the eyes and brows, I usually go for pencils. However, liquid eyeliner gives off a solid appearance if you don't want that smoky or smudged look for your eyeliner. I was actually torn between this Hyper Sharp Wing liner and the yellow one, the Hyper Sharp Liner, so I asked the sales assistant. She recommended this purple one for beginners since it produces thin line.

This liner has a pointed, soft end. Yes, it produces thin line that will look nice if applied evenly. However, some body like me who still has to master the art of eyelining using this type of liner will finish with a thicker one since I was not able to make it in one swipe. The line is indeed thin and will become inconsistent if you got shaky hands. You'll end up with thicker line since you will need to apply more to make a straight line. 

I already used liquid eyeliners before from a local brand, though that one has a brush end that glides off easily on my eyes. For this one, I have yet to find the right technique of applying this smoothly without the need to tug my eyes. But I must say that it stays long and dries off easy and pretty.


Image from www.maybelline.ph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
a hopeful soul with a penchant for something new constantly learning and discovering new things; not an expert on anything; just trying to find the most peso-worthy item out there which best fit the needs of a budget-conscious, kikay mommy like me; what's written here are just my own views and opinion and is not meant to promote or discredit anything or anyone. these words express how i see, how i felt, and how i experienced things. happy reading!
Powered by Blogger.