Followers

Maybelline Buys: Dream Satin Liquid Foundation, Baby Skin Pore Eraser, and Creamy Matte Lipsticks by Color Sensational in Divine Wine and Rich Ruby



So, since it is the Christmas season and it is the season of "gifting", I, once again, gave a gift to myself! (if that makes sense :-)) Adding to my collection of Maybelline products, I purchased the Dream Satin Liquid Foundation and two lipsticks from their Creamy Matte Color Sensational line. Maybelline is still on sale so I bought the Dream Satin Foundation at P400 and the two lipsticks at P200 each.

Let's start off with the Dream Satin Liquid Foundation. I've been researching about this product for quite some time and it is only now that I decided to buy one. I was actually torn between the Dream Satin and the Dream Velvet, but I chose this because, apparently, there have been cases of pimple breakouts from amongst those who tried the latter. The Dream Satin also received good reviews from some Filipina YouTubers.

I chose the shade B2 though from the bottle, you cannot really see if it has yellow undertone. I swatched it at the back of my hand and it blended well with my skin. I swatched it again along my jawline and asked my hubby whether the foundation blended well with my skin. He said that it kinda "disappeared" on my face (i think what he meant is that it blended with my skin). So, I know this is my shade.

I will do a separate review of this foundation, just like what I did with the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation.

I also bought the Baby Skin Pore Eraser which is actually a primer. I have not used a primer before and I am considering buying a Benefit Porefessional but it is pricey for me. I made some research and discovered Maybelline's Pore Eraser. According to reviews, the Pore Eraser works just like the Porefessional.

Again, I will do a separate review on the Baby Skin Pore Eraser.

Next, I also purchased two lipsticks from the Creamy Mattes and these two shades are among the cult favorites from this line--the Rich Ruby and the Divine Wine. I chose this shades because I already have a handful of pink, plums, and browns but I only have one red lipstick. I am not a fan of red lipsticks before because I don't think it works for me. I only found out recently that red lipsticks flatter and its a matter of choosing the right shade that will work for you.

As soon as I got home, I immediately tried the two lipsticks. I loved how it glided smoothly on my lips and that the color pay off is already good at first swipe. You might not actually need to swipe twice cause one swipe is all you need. There is a light scent, kind of vanilla, just like how it is with liquid lipsticks, but it did not bothered me at all.

It also stays long for a good five to six hours. The swatch I made at the back of my hand stayed where I put it even after several activities that I did. Even as it faded, I could still see a solid line that did not smudged nor bled.

That's the Rich Ruby on the left and Divine Wine on the right.


Rich Ruby is a medium dark red with blue undertone. They say that red lipsticks with blue undertone will make your teeth appear whiter. As the name suggest, Divine Wine sports a solid dark wine shade. Both lipsticks are creamy when you first apply it and then turns into matte as it settles. You can rub your lips together and the color will transfer to the other lip, if you have not yet swiped it with the lipstick.

I'm happy with my recent purchases and, again, Maybelline did not disappoint me. If my budget will allow me to, I will buy other shades or if, possible, I will get the whole collection. I like the feel, the color pay off, it stays long, and most of all, it's affordable, especially for mothers like me who have other important things to spend for.

Stay tuned as I go along with my make up adventures!










0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
a hopeful soul with a penchant for something new constantly learning and discovering new things; not an expert on anything; just trying to find the most peso-worthy item out there which best fit the needs of a budget-conscious, kikay mommy like me; what's written here are just my own views and opinion and is not meant to promote or discredit anything or anyone. these words express how i see, how i felt, and how i experienced things. happy reading!
Powered by Blogger.