Followers

Affordable Make Up Primer: Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Erase and Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier

For working mothers like me who don't have enough time and budget to splurge on make up, affordable but quality make up products are heaven sent. Thank God for brands who were able to provide these kinds of products so mothers like me can still enjoy beautifying ourselves without breaking the bank.

Makeup primer is first applied to a bare face, usually on top of moisturizer, before putting on foundation or BB creams. It is primarily used to make the skin smoother, making way for a more vibrant color result when you apply your make up products, and for the cosmetics to last longer.

There are different primers for the whole face, eyelids, and lips. These primers address make up problems for that particular part. For example, primers for eyelids are used to avoid creasing of the eyeshadow.

Primers have silicones in them that fills up indentations in the skin, giving it that smooth and velvety feel.

Primers are also supposed to control oiliness in the face to make the make up last longer. A word of caution, though. One must only apply sufficient amount of primer in the face as too much of the product will make the skin oilier.

For today, I am featuring two kinds of makeup primers for the face--the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser and the Quick Fix No-Shine Mattifier. Both are available in SM Department Stores and in Watsons. They are also affordable. Maybelline retails for  P299 and the Quick Fix is available for P99 per sachet.


Claim to Fame

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

Instantly, on contact, translucent gel melts on skin and instantly erase pores, imperfections, lines, and crease. Skin looks instantly transformed into a perfect smooth canvas.

All day, skin is shine free, even, and baby smooth. No burden to skin.

Quick FX No Shine Mattifier

Absorbs oil to control shine for a smooth matte finish, conceals fine lines and pores for visibly radiant skin instantly.


Active Ingredients


Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

Silicone Elastomer

According to an online article posted in Reader's Digest's Best Health entitled "The Truth About Silicones"  (http://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-looks/beauty/the-truth-about-silicones/Emollient),
silicones are used in cosmetics for the purpose of "waterproofing, retaining moisture, adhering color pigments, and making the application of skincare products feel silky'no tugging on the skin as it is spread on, and no oily, sticky feeling".

Emollient
Silica Formula
Cherry Extract


Quick FX No Shine Mattifier

Salicylic Acid
Chamomile
Tea Tree Extract
Matte Wax

The Encounter

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

I first had the Baby Skin Pore Eraser before the No-Shine Mattifier. When I first applied it at the back of my hand, I saw that it instantly blurred the lines on it. It also felt smooth. It had the same effect when I applied it on my face. As your finger applies the product onto the face, it will feel like the fingers were gliding into a velvet surface. I can also feel if there is still a lot of product on a specific part of the face because it will feel thick so I have to spread it to become even or thinner.

The pores are still visible but from afar, it will look smoother and the little "crevices" on the face will look blurred out.

Applying foundation also become easy breezy as it glides along smoothly unto the face. I also noticed that the colors of my blush. eyeshadow, highlighter, and contour cream are more radiant than usual. The only downside is that when I work on my eyebrows and I made a mistake in filling in my eyebrows, it immediately shows and I cannot erase it easily.

It also has a great oil control powers on my face though I only have a normal to combination-oily skin. It made my make up last longer and it gave me that "soft" look on pictures.

Quick FX No Shine Mattifier

Upon application, it did not give an instant smooth or velvety feel on my skin but as it sets on the face, I noticed that the pores blurred out even if it did not become invisible at all.

In terms of oil control, my nose still oiled up and its whole surface really became shiny. But that's the only part of my face wherein the oil appeared. Oil on the other parts of my T-Zone, which usually oils up on ordinary day, did not appear at all. I did not have the need to retouch my make up since I saw that it is still intact.

Overall, these two primers really work considering their prices. I use the Quick FX frequently since it has skin care ingredients that I need in order to prevent pimples and black heads. I also use it if I will just stay in the office, using light make up on, or just going to do some errands. I use the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser for special occasion that needs heavier make up and where I will be photographed.



Stay tuned for more of my adventures discovering beauty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
a hopeful soul with a penchant for something new constantly learning and discovering new things; not an expert on anything; just trying to find the most peso-worthy item out there which best fit the needs of a budget-conscious, kikay mommy like me; what's written here are just my own views and opinion and is not meant to promote or discredit anything or anyone. these words express how i see, how i felt, and how i experienced things. happy reading!
Powered by Blogger.